The Creative Badass Code of Conduct
1. Write the change you want to see in the world.
2. Why face reality when you can create your own and take others there with you?
3. Go where the pleasure and the pain is.
4. People will say what they will about your talents. Ignore it, and go ahead with your dreams. They weren’t given the dream, you were.
5. Rather than writing what you know, write about what you want to know.
6. Design your own universe as you go along. When that’s done, go ahead with the revisions and other details.
7. Avoid “patronizing” your readers, or “dumbing down” anything. If you lower your standards, then you stand to lose respect from any potential audience. Respect your readers’ intelligence and ability to figure things out as they enjoy your story.
8. Allow the story to take you where it will. It’s got a mind of its own and it has an important message, or a fascinating journey for you to take .
9. Constructive criticism is valuable when taken from people who know what they’re doing and who can see the spots you can improve.
10. Do it …………because you can!